Dulux has introduced Dulux Promise, a commitment to professionals that its products will deliver perfect colour, a uniform finish and the stated coverage, or else they will receive a voucher for a replacement product.
A new Dulux Promise icon will appear on cans of paint in trade and retail accounts nationwide and the launch represents a substantial commitment from the paints and coatings brand which has been manufacturing in the UK for more than 80 years.
For professional painters and decorators, the Dulux Promise brings together commitments across five key pillars:
- Quality products that meet the needs of today’s trades professionals, across coverage, colour matching and consistency
- A firm commitment to investing in science and innovation, developing new coatings that will meet the future needs of trades professionals
- Best in class product and advice teams with market leading insight into changes in professional requirements, and an agile approach to solving challenges efficiently, to provide the right products for every job
- Responsibility for each other and the environment. Investing in the training and development of trades professionals and supporting initiatives that allow Dulux to add colour to the lives of the communities it works in
- Investment in colour leadership with a colour delivery programme due to launch in September 2019, to ensure every customer is satisfied with the resulting colour
The new initiative will apply to Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt and Flat Matt, as well as Diamond Matt and Diamond Eggshell products over 500ml.
All Dulux products are developed through extensive testing in the AkzoNobel research and development centres, including its Slough site, with experts running more than 1,000 tests on the paints to ensure that they perform as effectively as possible.
Professional decorators can submit a claim under the Dulux Promise by contacting the product experts at the AkzoNobel Customer Advice Centre, providing proof of purchase, description of the issue, photographs of product on the surface and a batch number. The products will not normally need to be returned as part of a claim.