A survey has revealed the most sleep-deprived professions in the UK, with plumbers, builders and electricians in third place.
The survey of 1,000 adults, conducted by bed and sleep specialist Time 4 Sleep, found 30 per cent of plumbers, electricians and builders are not satisfied with their sleep quality, only beaten by operations and sales professionals.
The top ten most sleep-deprived professions, rating their sleep quality as either poor or awful, are:
- Operations – 37 per cent
- Sales – 31 per cent
- Plumber/electrician/builder – 30 per cent
- Other – 27 per cent
- Administration/office worker – 25 per cent
- Teacher – 24 per cent
- Retail/shop floor – 22 per cent
- Director/owner – 21 per cent
- Civil servant – 18 per cent
- Self-employed – 17 per cent
The best professions for sleep, according to this survey, are HR, recruitment, finance and law.