No matter how busy builders may be during this renovation boom, it’s still important to have a constant stream of new projects in the pipeline. But how do you stand out from the crowd and encourage potential clients to pick you?
Houzz Pro, the all-in-one business management and marketing solution for construction and design professionals conducted a survey* to discover why renovators choose to contact their builder, the most important deciding factors when hiring and the challenges they face.
- Online credibility is a significant factor in homeowners’ hiring decisions, with homeowners reporting that a pro’s online presence, along with the ability to offer remote collaboration tools, are major determinants (66%).
- Even among homeowners who rely on word-of-mouth referrals to find pros, more than half report that they conduct additional online research before deciding to make contact (54%).
- In addition to referrals from friends and family, the ability to view examples of projects with a similar scope is the most importantfactor when deciding whether to contact a professional (61%), followed by the ability to view online reviews (41%).
- Renovators value communication, speed and clarity when deciding to hire a professional. Communication and organisation skills (58%), speed of receiving a quote (39%) and easy to understand pricing (35%) are all key deciding factors.
- When planning a project, renovators state that getting an estimate or proposal with enough detail (31%) and the lack of financial transparency in estimates they receive (21%) are challenges.
- During their projects, renovators’ report that understanding timeline changes (33%) and getting timely & accurate communications about the project (30%) make projects challenging.
Houzz Pro offers a suite of tools for construction professionals to reach homeowners who are looking to hire and manage their projects and businesses effectively. Pros can showcase expertise, portfolios and reviews on a premium profile and custom-built website created and hosted by Houzz. And powerful business management tools turn prospects into projects, facilitating seamless communication and simplifying and streamlining the estimation process.