The Heating Installer Awards has announced its 2021 regional winners as well as the finalists for its Rising Star and Most Sustainable Installer categories. The shortlists have been decided by a panel of experts including representatives from the awards’ partners Armacell, CIPHE, Danfoss, LG and Polypipe, who recently scored all of the entries on problem solving, product knowledge and stand-out work. The panel was also joined by the 2020 Heating Installer Awards winner, Phil Metcalf, from Metcalf Heating & Cooling.
Now in its sixth year, the Heating Installer Awards recognises the achievements and raises the credibility of plumbers and heating installers across the country who deliver excellent work on a daily basis. Targeting every region across the UK, the Heating Installer Awards encourages plumbers and installers to nominate a project they’re particularly proud of, which demonstrates high technicality, outstanding professionalism, and exceptional service – all resulting in a happy customer.
The judges said that this year the entries received were of a higher standard than ever before, with an increasingly outstanding quality of projects submitted, so selecting the best was no easy feat.
The regional winners are:
- North West: Paul Clark, Concept P&H
- North East: Frankie Barea, Elite Heat P&H Engineers Ltd
- Midlands Winner: Glen Wakeling, Heatspec
- Highly commended: Neil James, JMS P&H
- Yorkshire: Grant Gundelfinger, Mayfly Group Ltd
- East of England: Michael Abbott, Relyon Gas Services Ltd
- Scotland: Ian Williamson, Dynamic Energy
- Wales & Northern Ireland: Huw Jenkins, Thornhill P&H
- South West: Chris Organ, Intergas Cheltenham Ltd
- South East Winner: Ryan Cole, Cole Bros Plumbing & Heating Limited
- Highly commended: Todd Glister, Glister Services
- Highly commended: Michael Walsh, Walsh & Son Ltd
Rising Star shortlist:
- Carl Ladd
- Adam Brown
- Ares Stefan Kasic
- Ben Dillaway
- Max Wild
Most Sustainable Installer shortlist:
- Benjamin Lee, B. LEE Plumbing & Heating
- Lachlan McInnes, McInnes Group
- Richard Gould, RJG Services
The regional winners and category finalists will now go through to the next stage of the awards which involves a technical challenge and a public vote, with some money-can’t-buy prizes up for grabs for the winners.
To get behind your favourite installer and vote for them to be crowned the winner of the national award, the Rising Star or the Most Sustainable Installer award, visit the Heating Installer Awards website and cast your vote. Your vote will contribute to the public vote which makes up a third of the overall scores, alongside the judges’ scores and the scores from a technical challenge.
The worthy winners will be revealed at Installer Show in on 29th September – see you there!