Ahead of the second heatwave coming in the following weeks, Rated People has reported a surge in gardening and landscaping requests as people have sought to prepare for summer’s arrival.
In particular, the find-a-tradesperson platform has found:
- Garden-related jobs are on the rise as requests increase 31% year-on-year
- Requests for astro-turf have soared by 188% this summer, whilst requests for external lighting have risen an impressive 48%
- Interest in fire pits has risen 92% this year, alongside a 77% increase in wooden decking.
- Adding an outdoor entertaining area and a swimming pool to your home can exponentially increase its value up to £7,707.
In addition, Rated People has teamed up with popular home and renovation influencer, @Our_Little_Doer_Upper, to share their top tips on creating the ultimate garden for entertaining this summer:
- Study your space
“Before planning any garden design, it is important you get to know the area you are working with. Identify which areas are shady and which have the most sun. It is also worth noting where the sun sets in the evening. This is key for creating the ultimate outdoor entertainment area as you can add a seating area that catches the last of the evening sun and work the rest of the space around this.”
- Add lighting
“Create the atmosphere you’re looking for in your garden with some lighting. Festoon lighting is a great way to bring a holiday vibe to your space, or why not try some uplighters in your garden beds for that boutique villa feel? “
- Create focal features
“Make your garden a social hub by creating interesting areas and features. For example, a fire pit and a seating area is the perfect place to entertain when the sun goes down, or you can add a hot tub to your garden for the ultimate in luxury.”
- Invest in plants and foliage
“Add foliage for a tropical paradise. Banana plants and palms can create that exotic, getaway feel.”
- Add some height
“Use raised borders to create interest and work in colour without taking up too much space. Sleepers can add some height in your garden and painting them can add an extra pop of colour for that modern, luxury villa feel.”