The UK Plumber of the Year 2019 competition, launched by JT, Bristan and Wolseley, has revealed the ten plumbers on this year’s shortlist, as chosen by judging partner Watersafe.
The next stage of the competition is the ‘Vote for me’ round, where the individual plumbers will be narrowed down by the public to the final five.
The final ten, in alphabetical order, are:
- Stephen Calvert – Cardigan, Wales
- Eddie Carr – Great Eccleston, Lancashire
- Christopher Clare – Newton-Le-Willows, Merseyside
- Paul Clark – The Wirral, Merseyside
- Caine Curtis – Yeovil, Somerset
- Liam Hogan – Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey
- Dan Tempest – Pontefract, West Yorkshire
- Gary Tyronney – Nairnshire, Highland
- Martin Warnes – Harwich, Essex
- Paul Williams – Carmarthenshire, Wales
The competition asks entrants to demonstrate their plumbing, service and business skills. John Schofield, sales and marketing director at JT, said: “Now in the fifth year of the competition, judging is going be closer than ever – I really don’t envy our friends at Watersafe! Last year’s winner Steve has demonstrated just how much winning this competition can do for your business, and I’m so excited to see which deserving winner is crowned this year. Best of luck to all the entrants!”
Information on the ten finalists and how to vote features on ukplumberoftheyear.com where you can find a biography of each. Voting is open until August 22nd and the top five will be revealed on August 26th.
The five plumbers with the most votes will be invited to an interview session with the judging panel, made up of experts from JT, Bristan, Wolseley and Watersafe, who will then decide the winner.