Daniel Redfern, from Marley, discusses what free support is available from roofing manufacturers to help you spend less time on admin and more time earning money.
The pandemic has changed the way that professional tradespeople work, as well as the way they communicate with customers. Training, skills development and support has been limited throughout the pandemic and labour shortages continue to be a concern.
Yet, despite these ongoing challenges, demand in the roofing trade continues to be high. Indeed, a recent survey from the NFRC found that workloads were up in all roofing sectors in the last quarter of 2020 and more firms expect workloads to increase in 2021, rather than decrease.
This means that support from manufacturers is more important than ever before. That’s why we have launched our new ‘Supporting The Roofer’ campaign, to help contractors spend less time on admin and more time earning money on roofs. We want to help make their lives easier and safer, as well as help their businesses to thrive during and after the pandemic.
Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have noticed more roofers accessing our online support, so we have packaged all of our support tools and advice into one area of our website, specifically for tradespeople working on roofing projects – whether they need installation advice, guidance on new standards or safety information.
Free roofing support
Our new ‘Supporting the Roofer’ online hub has everything you need to make roofing projects safer, easier and more profitable, including:
It goes without saying that the health and safety of builders and roofers, both on and off site, is the most important thing. We will be providing information throughout the year on the best ways to lower the risks of working on site – from important safety information on Covid operating procedures and working in the winter, to Safe in the Sun advice and links to mental health support.
We’ve added tools and products to help you advertise your business, add extra revenue streams, save time and reduce the cost of call-backs.
- Free installer locator tool – We’ve launched a new installer locator tool which puts your business in front of the thousands of homeowners that visit our site monthly. You can simply fill in the form www.marley.co.uk/supportingtheroofer/installerrequest
to help attract new business leads in your local area.
- Extra income streams – New products, such as Marley SolarTile, can help you add extra revenue streams and make the most of the huge growth potential in solar PV due to new Part L regulations.
- Complete roof systems – The ability to source all products from one manufacturer makes installation much quicker and easier, reduces the time wasted in call backs and comes with a 15-year guarantee.
- Quick access to technical support and advice – Whatever your roofing query, experts are here to help, either online or over the phone.
Installation and technical help
We’ve included free installation, specification and technical tools and guidance.
- Installation videos and guides – Extensive fixing guides and videos to ensure that installing our roof systems is as seamless as possible.
- Online technical tools – You can get a fixing specification or an estimate quickly and easily, as well as request free samples for you or your customers.
- Updates on the latest regulations – This helps you stay up to date with the latest changes to roofing standards.
- Roofing sitework guide – Our popular Sitework Guide outlines everything you need to consider when installing Marley systems.
For more information and support, visit www.marley.co.uk/supportingtheroofer